Clinker manufacture operational: 1880-1914, 1919-1922
Approximate total clinker production: 360,000 tonnes
Sometimes called Wilders & Cary’s Works. One of three plants installed at the Stone Court ballast pier, there were 7 chamber kilns here in 1900, and these had conceivably been present from 1880. Output 1900: 170 t/week. A further 12 chamber kilns were added 1902-1909, bringing capacity to 460 t/week. Water transport was used exclusively. The site was entirely cleared: an extended Stone Court pier now serves a large container terminal covering the Albion, Greenhithe and Shield sites.
No rotary kilns were installed.