Clinker manufacture operational: 1879-1917
Approximate total clinker production: 115,000 tonnes
This had five wet process bottle kilns. At some time, the kilns were converted to chamber format. Davis put the 1907 output at 120 t/week. It had no entry in 1914 directories, but ICMA data suggests it continued in a small way through WWI and despatched its last cement in 1918. The plant may have continued for a while after the war making lime, under the ownership of E. Rooke & Sons. The plant had no rail link: Saffron Walden station and freight depot was about a mile away. The site is now an industrial park.
No rotary kilns were installed.
Sources: Francis, p 206: Victoria County History of Essex, Vol 2, p 493