Cement Kilns

Quarry

Location:

  • Grid reference: TQ74986888
  • x=574980
  • y=168880
  • 51°23'31"N; 0°30'55"E
  • Civil Parish: Frindsbury Extra, Kent

Clinker manufacture operational: 1889-11/1907

Approximate total clinker production: 520,000 tonnes

Raw materials:

Ownership:

See also a general history of the Frindsbury cement plants. Five chamber kilns were installed in 1889, a further three in 1890, eight in 1892, five in 1894 and four in 1896, giving a final total capacity of 772 t/week from 25 kilns. The plant was absorbed into the Crown and Quarry site in 1907, with the kilns continuing in intermittent use until 1925.

No rotary kilns were installed.


Sources: Eve, p 22: Francis, p 192: Preston, pp 83, 172


© Dylan Moore 2011: commenced 25/01/2011: last edit 02/09/2016.

Return to plant list


Old Maps

Approximate capacity: tonnes per year
Quarry (Frindsbury) Capacity