- Grid reference: TQ75086863
- 51°23'23"N; 0°31'0"E
- Civil Parish: Frindsbury Extra, Kent
Clinker manufacture operational: 1884-11/1907
Approximate total clinker production: 400,000 tonnes
- 1884-1887 Beaver Cement Co. Ltd
- 1887-1895 McLean and Co. Ltd
- 1895-1900 McLean Levett and Co Ltd
- 1900-1907 APCM (Blue Circle)
See also a general history of the Frindsbury cement plants. The plant had eighteen chamber kilns, installed as follows: five in 1884, four in 1888, five in 1891 and four in 1893, giving a final capacity of 468 t/week. The plant was operated in common with Beehive from 1895, and was absorbed into the Crown and Quarry site in 1907, the kilns continuing in use there until 1925.
No rotary kilns were installed.
Sources: Eve, p 23: Francis, p 191: Preston, p 83
© Dylan Moore 2011: commenced 14/01/2011: last edit 23/02/2017.
Return to plant list